Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Number 16: See a Musical at Rainbow Stage




Step in time to the music of Mary Poppins! The beloved Disney classic was one of two shows at Rainbow Stage this summer and I had the good fortune to attend. As a Winnipegger, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit what I'm about to say next, but I had never been to Rainbow Stage. I know, I know... go ahead and throw stones. How is it possible in my 23 years that I've never once been to that beautiful amphitheater in the park!? 


I've been to countless shows at Pantages, MTC (Manitoba Theatre Centre) and the Concert Hall but this was my first time taking it all in outdoors. I loved every minute of it. It probably helped that the show itself was phenomenal. Kudos to the entire cast and crew for putting on such an amazing production. I found myself singing along (more than I should) and was impressed by the stage illusions. None other than Winnipeg's own Dean Gunnarson was listed as resident magician, so from the get-go I knew I was in for a treat. 

Every time I hear "Let's Go Fly a Kite" I'm instantly transported back to my childhood so I had the bar set pretty high for this musical. Mary Poppins truly outdid all my expectations and I will definitely be returning to Rainbow Stage next summer!

No comments

Post a Comment