Friday, December 6, 2013

Music Made in Manitoba

Winnipeg has a booming music scene. Talent on talent on talent. Arguably some of the greatest musicians have come out of our beautiful city. See: The Guess Who and Fred Penner (seriously I adore Fred Penner, he made my love of sandwiches cool). 

Today, I am going to introduce you to my 5 favorite Winnipeg artists. If you're new to the city or a long-time resident, you need to give all of them a listen. 

If you're not from the city give them a listen anyway and expand their fanbase because they 100% deserve it! 

So without further ado, here are the Top 5 (as deemed by me) Best Acts in Winnipeg Today:


5. Nic Dyson

THE FEELS. Every time I listen to Nic, my heart goes out to him. You can actually feel his emotions in his songs. And then I start to feel those emotions. It's crazy. He's also proof that you should never stop following your dreams. You can do anything. He inspires me. Just try and watch him sing I Miss You and not shed a tear yourself. I see big things in this boy's future. BIG THINGS. 



4. Royal Canoe

Coming in at number four we have Royal Canoe. Recently discovered thanks to Ace Burpee, I cannot stop listening to them. Their video for Bathtubs just speaks to me in the weirdest, best way possible. I haven't seen them live but I hear it's a good time. I'm putting it on my list of things to do in 2014. 



3. Andrew Mitchell Music

Am I allowed to put a friend on the list? Whoops, I just did. Andrew Mitchell is one super talented dude. He works really hard at it too and that's pretty inspiring. I've never met anyone (other than me) who wakes up at 3 am, has an idea, and starts writing it down immediately. That's dedication. Because ya know, sleep is usually important. I'm off topic. The point is, he's good. And ladies he's single.




2. The Treble Band

These guys are big news. So don't tell me you've never heard of them. And if you haven't then you need to get to clicking and listening because ehrmagerd so good. I have also never seen them live but that is another thing on my list of things to do. I've maybe creeped on them once or twice at a TMTTP show and by creeped I mean passed them and was like "oh that's The Treble, cool". Anyway, I'm getting off topic. They're really good and it reminds me yet again how lucky I am to live in this city. I'm pretty sure one of them is a teacher and how cool would that be to be his student? Pretty cool if you ask me. I need to stop saying cool so much. 



1. Take Me To The Pilot

I may be biased. Actually I am 100% biased because my friend Jon is the drummer. But that doesn't mean they aren't the best thing to come out of Winnipeg since Winnie the Pooh (which is really high on my list of amazing things Winnipeg has given the world). Their pop vibe and foot-tapping, head bobbing, sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs inducing melodies make them easily number one on this list. Also, ladies, they aren't bad on the eyes if ya know what I mean. 50% of them are single but you'll probably have to fight off their screaming fan girls to get to them so good luck with that. They just came back from touring Western Canada so I'm not sure when you can catch them live but I'm sure (hoping) they'll be performing in early 2014. I also heard rumors of a new album coming, so anyway, enough rambling, listen to their beautiful holiday track. 



So there you have. My Top 5. I hope you enjoy them. Anyone you think I should add to my list? Let me know, I love hearing from you!

4 comments

  1. Oh, I love this!! Great post! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, NYC fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Idea Post: Soft Torn Tones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! The Treble Band video is so cute! Thanks for sharing. :)

    xo
    Sarah :: Your Plucky Picaroon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always on the hunt for good music! Thanks for sharing, girly :)

    ReplyDelete