Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Chocolate Zen Bakery


If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen this picture on Saturday. My roommate and I were out and about and decided to stop for a little something to satisfy our sweet tooth (teeth?).

Chocolate Zen is located at 553 Osborne on the corner of Morley. Doug and Betty have been working together for about 20 years and the shop opened about 8 years ago come this October. They do weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and everything in between. Cakes, cupcakes, french macaroons, pastries, dainties, the list goes on. They even do the baking for places like The Gates on Roblin.

Their delivery vehicle is unique to say the least. The hearse is a newer addition. They take "to die for" to a whole new level. Sinfully sweet if I do say so myself.


I was given a tour of the shop and it was hard to keep my hands to myself. I wanted to try everything; all the things! I settled on a chocolate croissant, because obviously, and it was one of the best I've ever had outside of Paris. Other notable mentions are the cheesecakes and the truffles. I've had them before when my parents would bring them home and I swear the cheesecake melts in your mouth.

I did a quick search of their social media to showcase some of the many beautiful cakes and things they've done in the past. You can see more on Instagram if you search #chocolatezenbakery.



I highly recommend checking out this quaint little shop in Osborne! There's only one table so it's more of a takeout atmosphere but definitely worth the try. You'll be running back for more, I promise you that!


Facebook | InstagramWebsite (Under Construction) | E-mail

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been meaning to check out Chocolate Zen for a long time, but somehow it always falls off my radar. I'll try and make it there sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete