Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Manitoba Derby Day

August long weekend has always held the tradition of going to bet on the ponies. My family goes every single year. Rain or shine. This year was the 66th Manitoba Derby and we of course went. Now I'm not a big gambler. My dad always taught me to stick to $2 bets. I also don't care about odds. I pick the horse with the best name. Or if I think it's the prettiest. Obviously I'm really well versed in horse racing.. ahem. 

This year was the first year that I won big! I won $15.00 but it was still a big win to me since I only bet $2.00. 

Derby Day is always fun since women go all out and wear big fancy hats. There's even a contest. I completely forgot to make a hat this year and I kicked myself for it. 

I guess there's always next year!

The family that bets together stays together. Definitely one of my favorite Winnipeg summer traditions. I highly suggest a day out at the races. If you go, let me know if you win!






No comments

Post a Comment