Friday, June 12, 2015

Food Truck Friday: Habanero Sombrero

I have a bit of a thing for Mexican food. And by that I mean if I could I would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's my favorite food in the entire world and if you know me, then this is common knowledge. This is why it was no surprise to my cousin that I chose this truck when she met me for lunch. Luckily, she also shares my love of tacos.

Habanero Sombrero is possibly the best taco truck I've ever eaten at, and I've been to a few in my time. My cousin and I decided to try the three tacos combo and I was pleasantly surprised that I could choose three different meats if I wanted to (which I obviously did). The service was quick and the owners were some of the nicest people!

Once we got our tacos, the hardest decision of my life commenced: which salsa do I use? All of the options were fresh and homemade, so I did what any sane person would do... I used them all. By far, the best one was the pineapple salsa. I've never had pineapple salsa and my mouth exploded with flavor. I would definitely say I preferred the chicken to the beef but I'm just not a huge red meat fan.



If you ever see them around stop by and give them a try! Let me know what you think. I'm more than likely going to be returning real soon. Let me know if you want to go for lunch!


1 comment

  1. Those tacos and tortillas from Habanero Sombrero looked delicious! Well, I'm also a Mexican food lover. In fact, mole and tostadas are one of my favorites. Haha! Thanks for sharing that yummy food truck experience, Melissa! All the best!

    Vivian Wolfe @ Jerrys-Kitchen

    ReplyDelete