Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm So Behind/ABC's


I swear I have more adventures coming! My problem is I'm really bad at remembering to take pictures and I don't want to just steal some pictures off Google to make my posts more interesting. So get ready for an incoming of posts in the coming weeks because I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off to snap some photos! 

In the meantime, I wanted to share with you my ABC's of Winnipeg. What is that you ask? Well take a looky down below! I've laid out my favorite places/things/people in Winnipeg for each letter of the alphabet. 




A - Assiniboine Park. There's so much you can do! The Zoo, the Duck Pond, the Lyric Theatre, Leo Mol Sculpture Garden or play some cricket, soccer or ultimate Frisbee. The park is absolutely breathtaking. 

B - Blue Bombers. They may suck the big one this year but I have faith they'll make a comeback next year... okay maybe two years from now...?

C - Corydon Avenue. One word, GELATI. 


E - Exchange District. Oh the history

F - The Forks. It is a beautiful spot for spending a day outdoors!

G - Goldeyes.

H - Haunted Winnipeg. Haven't actually been on a tour, but will be going and I mean who doesn't love ghosts?

I - India Palace. The yummiest Indian food ever and Saroj and Nagpal are the nicest people out there. 

J - Go JETS Go! 

K - Kildonan Park

L - Library! I love our libraries. I love books so I'm always checking out huge quantities at a time and we have a pretty great selection. The best part is they will transfer books from one library to another so you never have to drive out of your way. 

M - Manitoba Museum

N - Nightlife. We have a pretty good selection from Whiskey Dix, Liv, Karma, Shark Club, Boa, Fame, Opera and any Canad Inns bar, there is always somewhere to go on a weekend. 

O - Osborne Village

P - Pantages. I've seen so many amazing shows here and at the Concert Hall across the street. 

Q - Qualico Family Centre in Assiniboine Park. It's a cute little spot for a reception!

R - Royal Winnipeg Ballet

S - Stella`s Cafe & Bakery

T - Transcona. My hood. I will argue to the end of the earth and back how great it is. 

U - University of Winnipeg. I spent the best 5 years of my life there. 

V - VIP Theatre. It's a little expensive but definitely worth it. Dinner & a Movie without having to move!

W - West End Dumplings. By far one of the best blogs this city has to offer. 

X - Red River eXhibition park. Okay so maybe I'm stretching a little for this one but whatever. Going to the Ex is a Winnipeg tradition and you can't tell me you've never driven through the Winter Wonderland at Christmas. 

Y - Yoga in the Park.

Z - Zoohky! If you don't know who that is I wrote about his mural here.



What would your Winnipeg alphabet look like? I'd love to hear them!

No comments

Post a Comment